Week 8, Term 4

 




Kaya Year 3 Parents,

 

I hope you have had a great Week 8.

 

WOW!!! What a year we have had. We are nearly there. I know that everyone is feeling tired and maybe crawling to the finishing line, but I am so proud of these kids.

To say I have enjoyed teaching these children would be a complete understatement. I truly believe that the children are the real teachers, and we always have so much to learn from them. This cohort of children have taught me beyond what I ever imagined. What a privilege it has been to be their teacher this year.

Some of you may or may not be aware that I will not be teaching here at OLC next year. As well as being a teacher, I am also a kinesiologist and I have decided to put down the teacher reigns next year and dive fully into my kinesiology business. The children may still see me around occasionally when I do some relief work.

Seesaw

I have just completed all of the “official” Seesaw tasks for this semester. Both Paula and I do hope that you have enjoyed seeing your child’s work across the year. This last term, I have given them a lot more control and they have been responsible for taking the photos of their work, apart from some things.

If your child has been absent across the last few weeks, there may be still a couple of posts coming through for them.

Reports

What a pleasure it was to write the student’s end of year reports. They have all progressed so well this year and it was a delight to highlight their achievements in their reports.

Reports will be coming out to parents on the last day of school.

Homework

I am so pleased with how well the children have done in their homework this term. Last one is due in tomorrow and then no more for next week. YAY!!!!!

Christmas Concert

Christmas Concert will be held next Wednesday, 7th December. If the children can please meet in the classrooms at 5.15pm for a 5.30pm start.

There will be some pre-entertainment, so make sure you head down to the oval and check it out after you drop your children off.

St Vincent De Paul Christmas Hamper

Thank you so much for all of the donations so far. Tomorrow is the last day, so if you haven’t yet, could you please bring your item in.

Take Home Work

From Monday, Week 9, the children will be slowly taking home their books and work from the year. If you could please send a reusable bag in with them each day, that would be fantastic.

Week 9

Next week Paula and myself have swapped days for the last week. Paula will be teaching Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I will be finishing the week/year off with the children on Thursday and Friday.  

 

Once Again, thank you for all of your support this year. It has been a wonderful year.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

 

Mrs O’Brien 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Term 4, Week 6

Parent Information Evening